Has the committee of your building recently determined that it’s time to make a change regarding the strata insurance used in Sydney? Premium increases can make a previously sound policy untenable, while persistent problems when making claims can encourage you to seek better service elsewhere. Before consulting with your manager or their brokers, consider exploring another option and enlisting the advice of a neutral third party such as Strata Insurance Solutions. We aim to provide our clients with better access to policies more favourable to their needs.
Tips Regarding Strata Insurance in Sydney
Whether this is your first time diving into strata insurance or it’s your responsibility to identify new options, it’s always a good idea to start with a plan in mind. Try these tips to begin:
- It is possible to find value with the assistance of strata insurance brokers without an arrangement that involves pursuing a policy through a strata manager. More importantly, with support from the right insurance adviser such as a member of our team, it’s not only possible — it is much simpler and more cost-effective.
- The valuation of the building is one of the essential pieces of information to have during this process, and an updated insurance rebuild valuation is something you should strongly consider pursuing before speaking with brokers. Knowing the proper valuation is worthwhile even in states where it is not mandatory to obtain regular valuations for insurance cover. Without it, you might be insured for an over inflated sum insured or worse still underinsured at the time of a major catastrophic loss.
- Don’t overlook the potential savings of cutting out the middleman by working directly with a provider such as Strata Insurance Solutions. We suggest speaking with your strata manager for a deep dive on what fees and commissions your policy includes. The numbers may shock you.
Compare Our Services with Other Strata Insurance Brokers in Sydney
At Strata Insurance Solutions, we take pride in our ability to offer a multi-faceted service that meets a variety of needs for body corporates. Our other skills include:
- Claim management. Avoid the headache of dealing directly with your insurer; enjoy a no-fee claim management service to ensure that your claims receive the prompt attention and payout they require.
- Amendments to your policy. Circumstances and needs change, and your committee may decide it is time to make an amendment. Let us know what changes are necessary, and we can make the appropriate changes.
- Furnishing Certificates of Currency upon request by unit owners within your strata. An owner may have concerns about the current state of the policy, or they may want a Certificate of Currency for a property settlement. We will provide these certificates promptly at no cost.
Why Should You Work with Strata Insurance Solutions?
The current state of the insurance industry for strata buildings can leave many owners and committee members feeling frustrated and disillusioned. Achieving the peace of mind that comes from having good coverage with an accessible claims process should not be so difficult. We agree, and it is why we go to work each day looking for new ways to connect our clients with policies that appropriately balance their diverse needs. Find out more when you contact us today or request a free quote now.
This information is of a general nature only and neither represents nor is intended to be personal advice on any particular matter. Shandit Pty Ltd T/as Strata Insurance Solutions strongly suggests that no person should act specifically on the basis of the information in this document, but should obtain appropriate professional advice based on their own personal circumstances. Shandit Pty Ltd T/As Strata Insurance Solutions is a Corporate Authorised Representative (No. 404246) of Insurance Advisernet Australia AFSL No 240549, ABN 15 003 886 687.